Sunday, November 22, 2009

Oh so many things running through my head...

I am so thankful that there are no mind readers among us because they would have whip lash listening to my mind and the 1000 directions my mind is going.

I still feel as if I am getting the Freeze (and be quiet) message from the Lord - and I am not sure I like it.
I do know that God's plan is best - but i want to be a doer.

But when I do (or speak) the outcomes aren't great - so I will be quiet.

One of the major transitions I have made - which has given me peace - is that I have stopped pushing my 9 year old. She has always been more dependent and more 'needy' so I have been trying to push her to become more independent. I guess its a little like a mother bird pushing its baby out of the nest. When I push - she 'flaps' her wings irradically and can't accomplish things that are easy for her. For 2 days, I have helped when she asked and I noticed she stopped asking quite as much... so we will see how it goes.

Another struggle I have been wrestling with is my role as a mom and wife. You see last year I was a mom, a wife, a tutor, etc. Now I am a mom and a wife - thats really all. And its not that much fun! Today, I am enjoying that role a little more, tho feeling completely overwhelmed by a messy messy house.

My desire for tomorrow is to wake with quiet time, get the house picked up AND cleaned. And as I do those encourage and lift up my kids!




No comments:

Post a Comment