Friday, April 23, 2010

Recording to Remember

I read over my two posts and I am thankful that I recorded my thoughts.

I believe I am still at the Freeze place - a contemplative place - listening for God's will and plan following his will. But I've noticed something I swept under the carpet - my sin. I minimize my sin - like its no big deal. It's amazing how often I tell little white lies. Even tonight when I asked how much money I sent with my daughter to a special event - i didn't tell the whole truth cause I was embarrassed. Why can't I stand on my choices?

Then's there's the lies that make me look better - blaming situations on my husband - making me look like the martyr.

Francis Chan says that the point of my life is to point to Him.. How are my lies pointing to Him?

The other major defect that was camouflaged is my lack of support and constant undermining of my husband. According to scriptures, I am to be his help meet. By not respecting him, not helping him, not completing him, I was wrecking him. On one hand, I want a husband who wants to serve the Lord and then as he steps in the right direction I try to tell him how or how not to.
Ugh!

So as I "Freeze" I know I need recognize my sin of telling lies AND need to support my husband.

Lord forgive me for not trusting you...

No comments:

Post a Comment